Wednesday, August 22, 2012

And we're OFF!!!

Wow- what a FANTASTIC first five days of school we have had in room 33! We have been busy learning our classroom routines, beginning our curriculum, and adjusting to the world of 5th grade.

Please visit our Youtube channel and check out our rules videos (the link is on the top left hand side of this blog in the margin). During our first 2 days of school we spent a lot of time discussing appropriate behaviors and what rules we should abide by. We came up with the following 5 rules:

  1. Be Safe
  2. Be Respectful
  3. Be Honest
  4. Be Accepting
  5. Strive for Growth
We also spent a lot of time getting to know each other and practicing some cooperative learning activities at the same time. Ask your child about our "Shuffle 22", "Stand Up, Hand Up, Pair Up", or "Write Around the Room" activities. We have been practicing partner talking, group work, and being a caring community. I really could go on and on- your students have been so attentive and I could not be prouder!

Parents- thank you SO much for completing the parent forms I sent home last Friday. The information you provided me is very helpful and has allowed me get to know your child even more. Thank you for sharing your child with me- I really am so lucky to get to spend this precious time with them.

Please mark your calendars for our Curriculum Night next Thursday, August 30th at 6:30. This time will give me a chance to give you a brief overview of what to expect in 5th grade. I look forward to seeing you there!

Don't forget to "Like" us on Facebook (the link is on the left hand side of the blog)! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment